The Sonoma County Barrel Auction, an annual event produced by Sonoma County Vintners, is a live auction of wine futures – handcrafted by the county’s top vintners – that represent the stylistic range and world-class quality of Sonoma County. This exclusive auction is by invitation only for members of the wine trade and media. Never Before, Never Again auction lots are crafted at 5, 10 and 20 cases, giving trade buyers the opportunity to offer original wines for resale to their customers and ultra-premium wine collectors. Proceeds raised from the Sonoma County Barrel Auction assist in creating marketing programs and initiatives that support the wine trade and community.
SoCoBA Event Logistics, Parking & Arrival for Vintners
Auction Events May 2-3, 2024
#SoCoBA Participation Reminders
- One attendee for each event must include a Winemaker or Winery Principal that will be there for the entirety from 11:00am – 4:00pm.
- We ask that you don’t leave your lot tasting and auction tables unattended, so please plan accordingly for the duration of the events.
- When being seated at auction tables, please allow your trade guests a position with a view of the stage so they can see the auction lot slides on screen, and the auctioneer can easily spot and engage them as they are bidding.
- Please plan for your winery attendees to be on site from 10:00am – 4:30pm for the Lot Tasting Preview Event and for Auction Day, to check-in and be ready to greet trade and media guests when they arrive, and to bid them farewell as they depart.
There’s no need for formal attire, don your business casual outfits, Sonoma County style for these outdoor events. Please note that Friday’s barrel auction will be held in a tent on the lawn, so please consider your footwear choices accordingly.
Confirmed Media Attendees
We will compile and post a list closer to the event dates of confirmed media with their photos and short bios for you to easily identify and connect with them during the SoCoBA events.
We appreciate your participation and support!
Sonoma County Barrel Auction (SoCoBA) is produced by Sonoma County Vintners and presented by American AgCredit. Proceeds raised from SoCoBA assist in creating Sonoma County Vintners marketing programs and initiatives that support the wine trade and community.
Follow Us on Social Media and Share Your SoCoBA Day
2023 Vintner Champion Meeting Recap
Thank you to all who attended the Vintner Champion Meeting on February 8 for the 2023 Sonoma County Barrel Auction. If you would like to share the presentation with your team, or if you missed the meeting, you may download the presentation slides to see:
- Key details and program logistics
- Media & trade relations plans
- What’s new this year
2023 Auction Lot Enhancements from our Great Partners
Complimentary Barrel Offer
Participating vintners may enter to win a complimentary Tonnellerie CADUS barrel of their choice on the lot submission form. Selection of the most appropriate wood, treatment(s), and toasting is at the winemaker’s discretion. Tastings with current CADUS clientele can be arranged, if desired.
Complimentary Cork Offer
Longtime partners G3 Enterprises and DIAM Closures are generously providing barrel auction winery participants with complimentary DIAM30 corks for use in their auction lot wine. Vintners may choose from the following cork options on the lot submission form: