VINTNER RESOURCES FOR SONOMA COUNTY BARREL AUCTION
2023 SoCoBA Lot Submissions Will Open in Late Fall 2022
SAVE THE DATE for SoCoBA 2023 scheduled for Thursday, May 4 – Friday, May 5! Details on vintner participation, event logistics, and parking and arrival will be posted throughout the year.
NEVER BEFORE, NEVER AGAIN WINES
The Sonoma County Barrel Auction, an annual event produced by Sonoma County Vintners, is a live auction of wine futures – handcrafted by the county’s top vintners – that represent the stylistic range and world-class quality of Sonoma County. This exclusive auction is by invitation only for members of the wine trade and media. Never Before, Never Again auction lots are crafted at 5, 10 and 20 cases, giving trade buyers the opportunity to offer original wines for resale to their customers and ultra-premium wine collectors. Proceeds raised from the Sonoma County Barrel Auction assist in creating marketing programs and initiatives that support the wine trade and community.
VINTNER PARTICIPATION DETAILS
The goal of the Sonoma County Barrel Auction is to elevate the image, perception and bottle price of Sonoma County wines. Be a participant in this rare opportunity to showcase an exclusive, one-of-a-kind wine to high caliber wine buyers and media from across the country. Engage with trade buyers in a meaningful way, reconnect and develop new, long-term connections for your brand.
- A winery principal/winemaker must be available to attend all Sonoma County Barrel Auction events.
- Additional team members may also participate in the Lot Tasting Preview Event on Thursday, May 4.
- Participating wineries must be members of Sonoma County Vintners or part of an AVA collaboration lot
- Craft a unique 5-case, 10-case or 20-case Never Before, Never Again auction lot, not available in the marketplace
- Consider a special collaborative project with another winemaker to craft an exclusive one-of-a-kind wine
- Add value by offering a market visit that includes a wine dinner or store visit for the winning bidder’s account
- Submit your lot details including: proposed lot name, lot size, vintage, varietal(s), appellation(s), vineyard source(s), estimated bottling date, estimated release date, winery/winemaker name(s) and winery logo(s)
- Answer a short list of questions to assist our copy editor with your lot description for the website and catalog
AUCTION EVENTS ATTIRE
There’s no need for formal attire, don your business casual outfits, Sonoma County style for these outdoor events.