SoCoBA VINTNER RESOURCES
Never Before, Never Again Wines
The Sonoma County Barrel Auction, an annual event produced by Sonoma County Vintners, is a live auction of wine futures – handcrafted by the county’s top vintners – that represent the stylistic range and world-class quality of Sonoma County. This exclusive auction is by invitation only for members of the wine trade and media. Never Before, Never Again auction lots are crafted at 5, 10 and 20 cases, giving trade buyers the opportunity to offer original wines for resale to their customers and ultra-premium wine collectors. Proceeds raised from the Sonoma County Barrel Auction assist in creating marketing programs and initiatives that support the wine trade and community.
Vintner Registration to Attend SoCoBA Is Now Open
Auction Events May 4-5, 2023
Register your winery representatives to attend this year’s SoCoBA events. The vintner registration will unveil the hidden vintner tickets, which will appear above the trade ticket options. There is a separate ticket for the (5/4) Preview Event and for (5/5) Auction Day. For each winery representative, register them for each of the event(s) they will be attending.
- You may register 2-3 winery representatives total for the Lot Tasting Preview Event and 1-2 table hosts for Auction Day.
- For collaboration lots, you may register 1-2 people per winery for the Preview Event, and 1 person per winery for table hosting on Auction Day.
One attendee for each event must include a Winemaker or Winery Principal that will be there for the entirety from 11:00am – 4:00pm. Detailed parking and arrival instructions will be sent prior to the events. Please plan to be on-site from 10:00am – 4:30pm for the Preview Event and Auction Day.
You will be hand carrying your wine to each of the events. For the Preview Event, please plan to bring 8-12 bottles each of your lot sample plus a current release wine to feature at your pouring station. For Auction Day, please plan to bring a few bottles of your barrel lot wine as well as a special selection of several finished wines for trade guests to enjoy, while they are seated at your table.
Vintner Participation Details
The goal of the Sonoma County Barrel Auction is to elevate the image, perception and bottle price of Sonoma County wines. Be a participant in this rare opportunity to showcase an exclusive, one-of-a-kind wine to high caliber wine buyers and media from across the country. Engage with trade buyers in a meaningful way, reconnect and develop new, long-term connections for your brand.
- A winery principal/winemaker must be available to attend all Sonoma County Barrel Auction events.
- Additional team members may also participate in the Lot Tasting Preview Event on Thursday, May 4.
- Participating wineries must be members of Sonoma County Vintners or part of an AVA collaboration lot.
- Download our SoCoBA Marketing Tool Kit to spread the word about your auction lot.
- Visit the 2023 SoCoBA Lots page to find your lot number to reference while promoting your lot to trade accounts.
- Activate your network and invite your key trade contacts to register for the in person events or as an absentee bidder to support your lot using the trade registration link.
- Questions? Contact our Trade Relations Manager via our contact form or call 707.522.5847.
Vintner Champion Meeting Recap
Thank you to all who attended the Vintner Champion Meeting on February 8 for the 2023 Sonoma County Barrel Auction. If you would like to share the presentation with your team, or if you missed the meeting, you may download the presentation slides to see:
- Key details and program logistics
- Media & trade relations plans
- What’s new this year
Auction Lot Enhancements from our Great Partners
Complimentary Barrel Offer
Participating vintners may enter to win a complimentary Tonnellerie CADUS barrel of their choice on the lot submission form. Selection of the most appropriate wood, treatment(s), and toasting is at the winemaker’s discretion. Tastings with current CADUS clientele can be arranged, if desired.
Complimentary Cork Offer
Longtime partners G3 Enterprises and DIAM Closures are generously providing barrel auction winery participants with complimentary DIAM30 corks for use in their auction lot wine. Vintners may choose from the following cork options on the lot submission form: