SONOMA COUNTY BARREL AUCTION TRADE RESOURCES
The Sonoma County Barrel Auction, an annual event produced by Sonoma County Vintners, is a live auction of wine futures – handcrafted by the county’s top vintners – that represent the stylistic range and world-class quality of Sonoma County. This exclusive live auction is by invitation only for members of the wine trade.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to bid and win an exclusive collection of wines from across Sonoma County. Engage with vintners in a meaningful way, reconnect and develop new connections for your portfolio.
BARREL AUCTION OVERVIEW
Never Before, Never Again auction lots are crafted at 5, 10 and 20 cases, giving trade buyers the opportunity to offer original wines for resale to their customers and ultra-premium wine collectors.
- Auction lots are crafted as unique wine futures not available anywhere else in the marketplace and include special commemorative Sonoma County Barrel Auction labels.
- Auction lots include wine futures from Sonoma County’s top vintners, growers and AVA partners.
- Participating wineries range from hidden gems to beloved favorites to prestigious showstoppers.
- Barrel Auction lots showcase the diversity of Sonoma County and include varietals ranging from Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux Blends and Zinfandel to Chardonnays, Sparkling Wines and more.
- The majority of lots include a winemaker/owner market visit.
- Estimated bottling and release dates are indicated for all wine futures.
- Lot prices typically start from $1,500 – $8,000 depending on lot size, brand and varietal; winning bids typically range from $3,000 – $40,000 and bottle price points of $50 and up.
- A master bidding excel will be shared with all registered buyers, following lot announcement in early-March 2022.
There is no registration fee to participate.
Proxy bidding is available for trade buyers who are unable to attend in person.
Proof of valid resale license is required to participate. All registrations are subject to review and approval.
QUESTIONS? Contact our Auction Relations Manager at email@example.com or 707.522.5847.